A prenuptial agreement is a legal document that specifies what assets belong to whom prior to getting married. Should divorce occur, it protects any assets that were brought separately into the marriage. It could also state that everything will be evenly shared after the wedding. At Cox Law Firm, our objective is to help you create a prenuptial agreement that is in your best interests. This assures that you can begin your marriage with confidence and ease. Unlike other divorce attorneys, we do not push two individuals into the decision to create a prenuptial agreement before getting married. We understand that this is an important and personal decision. It must be made entirely between you and your future spouse.
Benefits of a Prenuptial Agreement
The thought of creating a prenuptial agreement can be daunting. However, it is important that you are aware of its many benefits. These include:
- Identifying who will get which assets in the event of a divorce
- Protecting property that was accumulated before marriage or individually during marriage
- Minimizing conflicts that inevitably arise after a divorce
- Helping you feel at peace knowing your affairs are in order
- Minimizing potential expenses related to future court proceedings
- Avoiding the stress of a contested divorce
- Protecting you from your spouse’s pre existing debts or debts that they accumulate during marriage
- Protecting the family business or any heirlooms or inheritances left behind by your family
We get you started with the creation of a prenuptial agreement by answering your important questions thoroughly and concisely. Our main concern is making sure you feel comfortable and confident throughout the process. We draw up a prenuptial agreement that fits your specific needs.
Contact Cox Law Firm today at (352) 343-0091 or use our online contact form to request more information or to schedule an appointment regarding prenuptial agreements.