Family Law and Divorce Attorney serving Tavares, Leesburg, Eustis, Mt. Dora, The Villages® community and surrounding areas

(352) 343-0091 500 W. Caroline St., Tavares, FL 32778

May 2

My ex is not holding up their end of the bargain in our divorce, now what?

Many clients fail to realize that courts handle issues that arise at every stage of divorce - including defiance of divorce court orders. There are legal measures that are available to everyone in family court to hold your ex responsible for failing to hold up their end of the bargain.

divorce exA few examples include:

  • An ex who fails to meet his/her child support or alimony obligation
  • An ex who refuses to adhere to a court ordered visitation schedule
  • An ex who enters your home without permission or harasses you

You have the right to have the matter heard before a judge. You or your attorney must file a motion with the court addressing the specific issue/order to get relief. It isn’t fair to live without the money you need to care for your children or go without seeing your children because you believe you have no legal recourse.

Many clients believe they are stuck living with the consequences of a defiant ex because they don’t feel they can afford an attorney or they fear repercussions from their ex. The truth is, however, suffering without cause will continue as long as utilizing the court is delayed.

Take the first step.

You don’t have to do this alone.

If you need help getting through the divorce, custody or support process, then contact the offices of Benjamin J. Cox and we will be glad to help.

Or, you can call our office at (352) 343-0091.

Or, you can stop by our office in downtown Tavares, just steps from the Lake County Courthouse.

* indicates required field.

Latest Blog Posts

How does divorce work in Florida?

Monday, February 25, 2019

If you and your spouse have reached the decision that your marriage cannot be saved divorce is the final option.  Legally ending a marriage is different in every state. Florida has its own set of rules on divorce proceedings.


I think my child’s other parent may be unfit, how do I prove it?

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Being involved in custody battles for your child is difficult all on its own.  But what if you suspect the parent that has primary custody may be unfit, negligent, or even abusive to the child? Every state is different when it comes to court hearings of custody. Proving the other parent is unsuitable in the eyes of the law is not always easy but can be done. However, the child's wellbeing is the most crucial issue in any state in the country.


Connect With Us

Our Office

Benjamin J. Cox, Attorney at Law
500 W. Caroline St.
Tavares, FL 32778

(352) 343-0091 (phone)
Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 12pm
Special appointment times by request

  • visa Acceptedvisa
  • mastercard Acceptedmastercard
  • amex Acceptedamex
  • discover Accepteddiscover
  • cash Acceptedcash
  • check Acceptedcheck